Shopping local can put money back into the community and the pockets of our neighbors. There is nothing better than giving back to the community and bettering your health as well. There are many local farmers markets and we are proud to support all local business efforts and the work of farmers in the area.
The best thing about the farmers market is that you can find all you are looking for in one stop. We want you to enjoy the fun of the farmers market and reap the benefits that the fresh and local foods have to offer. From fresh sweet corn to beautiful plants, the farmers market is the place to go for anything you could imagine because no two weeks are alike.
Why you should shop your local farmerâ€™s markets:
- Creation of more local jobs.
- Shopping local keeps the money in your neighborhoods and helps fund local projects.
- Shopping local can grow the local economy and create a sustainable community.
- Strong communities are built by shopping local.
Why you should support local farmers:
- Less packaging is involved, so the environment benefits greatly.
- The farmers get to know the local community and they can give you tips on how to cook the produce.
- Local food is more nutritious and goes from farm to your table more quickly.
- Helping farmers today ensures farmers of the future can sustain produce.
Shopping a local farmers market allows you to eat healthier and support the local economy, making them a win-win for everyone! The farmers markets around the area go through October. From the Adel Farmers Market to the Perry Farmers Market, visit both for all of your produce needs.
There are many benefits of farmers markets from healthy options to growing the local economy. Shop local when it comes to groceries, and bank local at Raccoon Valley Bank for your banking and lending needs!